We did it! My husband and I finished our 30 Day Sugar Detox. While we were not perfect, we did stay on plan for all 30 days and we definitely feel like we achieved our goals.
I learned a few things about following the Sugar Detox that I thought I would share here. These should be applicable no matter what dietary plan you follow.
1. Plan out Meals
2. Cook in Bulk
3. Dedicate Time to Prep Your Meals in Advance
4. Add Soups and Broths to Your Diet to Help Sustain You
5. Employ Your Slow Cooker
6. Buy in Bulk and Keep Your Fridge Stocked
7. Cook Extra and Eat it For Lunch the Next Day
8. Fight Cravings with Drinks That are Sugar Free and Free of Artificial Sugars
9. Remember Why You are Doing This. It’s important to start this with goals in mind.
10. It Will Take Time to Adjust.
10. Pick New Recipes and Make a New One Each Week. Here’s my favorites.
11. Have a plan for social gatherings.
12. Buy Produce in Season to Save Money.
13. Enlist a Friend (or spouse) to Detox with You.
14. Go Public. Use Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram to keep you honest.
15. Read Labels.
16. Take it One Day at a Time.
17. Find That One Recipe That Helps You Get Through It.
18. When In Doubt, Eat More Vegetables.
19. Fight Cravings With Activity.
20. Don’t Go Hungry! Plan snacks.
21. Don’t Give Up. We all slip up. Get back on track.
22. Ask to Bring a Favorite Dish to a Social Gathering.
23. Find a Pinterest Board to Help You Find Inspiring New Dishes.
24. Find a Forum for Useful Ideas and Support.
25. Remember to Sleep.
26. Don’t Forget: The Foods You Gave Up Weren’t Nourishing!
27. Savor Each Bite and Find the Sweetness in Real Food.
28. Stick to Your Guns When Encountering Food Pushers.
29. Look Up Menus Online Before Dining Out.
30. Be Okay with Being the Picky Customer at a Restaurant.
What tips or tricks would you add?
Are You Tired of Processed Crap?
Subscribe Today and Download My Free Healthy Grocery List. It's your cheatsheet to a less processed life. Then, each week, I'll help you take charge of your health by emailing you the best real food recipes and non-toxic DIYs.