Making low sugar snacks for kids doesn’t have to be complicated.
In fact, do you remember when the saying, “Keep it Simple Stupid” was in fashion? That’s still the way I like things.
With these easy low sugar snack suggestions, I find the simpler you keep it, the better it is for your kids.
This list is full of nutritious ideas for feeding your kids real, whole foods. It’s important to remember that you are building a lifetime of healthy habits for your kids.
When I did my 30 Day Sugar Detox, I found I “reset” my taste buds. Even 2 years later, I still don’t like things as sweet as I used to.
If you haven’t already signed up to receive my Real Food Prep Plan, I show you how to do a weekly snack box prep.
Having snacks prepped in advance helps make nutritious choices easier.
50 Easy Low Sugar Snacks for Kids
1. Tomatoes and Mozzarella Cheese
2. Hard Boiled Eggs
3. Cheese, cubed
4. Nitrate-Free Pepperoni
5. Whole Grain Toast Topped with Sliced Avocado
6. Mixed Nuts and Raisins
7. Avocado Half Filled with Pico De Gallo
8. Roasted Chickpeas
10. Triscuits and Cheese
11. Wasa Crackers spread with hummus and topped with sliced cucumbers
12. No Sugar Added Applesauce
13. Plain Greek Yogurt and Berries
14. Baked Sweet Potato
15. Sliced Bananas and Almond Butter
16. Celery and Peanut Butter
18. Apple Slices
19. Fruit Kabobs with Pineapple, Kiwi and Strawberries
20. Sliced Carrots and Hummus
21. Nitrate-free Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups
22. Lime Baked Tortilla Chips
23. Freeze Dried Berries
24. Baked Potato
25. Dark Chocolate Chickpea Cookie Dough
26. Almond Joy Chia Pudding
27. Diced Melon
28. Watermelon Pizza
29. 2 Ingredient Banana Pancakes
30. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Banana Smoothie
31. Diced Pear Sprinkled with Cinnamon
32. Wasa Cracker Spread with Cream Cheese and Topped with Strawberries
33. Lemon Truffles
35. Grapes (try frozen to mix it up)
36. Deviled Eggs
37. Broiled Grapefruit Half
38. Zucchini Slices Topped with Tomato Sauce and Cheese and Broiled
39. Wasa Cracker Topped with Nitrate Free Ham and Pickles
40. Healthy Banana Split
41. Beef Jerky
42. Cottage Cheese topped with Chopped Apple, Raisins, and Grapes
43. Sunflower Seeds
45. Leftover Pasta and Tomato Sauce
46. Jicama (for older kids try it sprinkled with lime juice and chili powder)
48. Peach half topped with Greek yogurt and a sprinkling of museili
49. Whole Wheat Pretzels (good dipped in almond butter or hummus)
50. Cashews and Dried Cherries
Any favorite low sugar snacks in your house that you’d care to share?
Are You Tired of Processed Crap?
Subscribe Today and Download My Free Healthy Grocery List. It's your cheatsheet to a less processed life. Then, each week, I'll help you take charge of your health by emailing you the best real food recipes and non-toxic DIYs.