My mother always makes homemade whipped cream.
I never knew I was spoiled. I thought this was true of every household.
However, through the years, we’ve had guests at various Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations. I can’t count how many people have remarked ~ “Wow. You can make homemade whipped cream?”
Once you learn how frightfully easy it is to make homemade whipped cream, you too can impress your friends and guests!
- 1 cup of whipping cream makes 2 cups whipped cream
- If you are using a stand mixer, cover the bowl with a towel to keep cream from spraying your kitchen when you first turn the mixer on.
- You can substitute granular sugar for powdered but it will take longer to mix-in. If this is the case, stop the mixer before soft peaks form so you don’t end up with sweet butter instead of whipped cream.
- Do not buy half and half. Buy whipping cream.
- This recipe is your gateway drug. Once you know how to make the basic recipe, you can add spices like cinnamon or use a different extract like peppermint.
- 1 cup organic whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add whipping cream to a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until soft peaks start to form.
- Stop mixer and add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Beat just until all ingredients are combined.
- Keep cold until serving time.
Do you already make homemade whipped cream? Will you try it this year?
Eat Healthy and Save Money
Subscribe to The Greenbacks Gal Weekly email to get the best organic deals, green steals and real food meals delivered to your inbox each week.
PLUS GET A HEALTHY GROCERY LIST FREE!