My mother always makes homemade whipped cream.
I never knew I was spoiled. I thought this was true of every household.
However, through the years, we’ve had guests at various Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations. I can’t count how many people have remarked ~ “Wow. You can make homemade whipped cream?”
Once you learn how frightfully easy it is to make homemade whipped cream, you too can impress your friends and guests!
- 1 cup of whipping cream makes 2 cups whipped cream
- If you are using a stand mixer, cover the bowl with a towel to keep cream from spraying your kitchen when you first turn the mixer on.
- You can substitute granular sugar for powdered but it will take longer to mix-in. If this is the case, stop the mixer before soft peaks form so you don’t end up with sweet butter instead of whipped cream.
- Do not buy half and half. Buy whipping cream.
- This recipe is your gateway drug. Once you know how to make the basic recipe, you can add spices like cinnamon or use a different extract like peppermint.
- 1 cup organic whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add whipping cream to a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until soft peaks start to form.
- Stop mixer and add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Beat just until all ingredients are combined.
- Keep cold until serving time.
Do you already make homemade whipped cream? Will you try it this year?