For the last few weeks, my CSA share has been a bag of apricots and a bag of cherries. The cherries do not last more than 15 minutes in my house. As soon as I wash them, they get scarfed down. The apricots are a little slower to be eaten in our house. It’s not that we don’t enjoy them, they just aren’t as addictive. I’ve considered that lucky because I’ve been transforming them into these appetizers at all our latest cook-outs.
- 5 apricots
- marscapone cheese (can substitute cream cheese)
- 2 slices cooked proscuitto or bacon, chopped fine
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chopped fine
- Cut the apricots in half and remove the stone.
- Place on a hot grill, stone side down, and cook for about 3 minutes or just until soft.
- Remove from grill and place a small spoonful of cheese on stone side. Drizzle with just a bit of honey.
- Mix together the proscuitto and basil and sprinkle on top.
- Serve immediately.