I made these on a night when my daughter had a sleepover figuring it would be a hit with the kiddos. And a hit it was! If you were to fry the corn tortillas in oil before wrapping them around the filling, they would be softer and would not break. However, I didn’t go through all that trouble and had no complaints! If you have any spinach on hand, add some cooked spinach in these to up the whole food ingredients.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450. Grease two baking sheets.
- Mix the shredded chicken with the paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and salt.
- Take a corn tortilla and fill with 1/12 of the chicken mixture and 2 tablespoons of cheese. Gently wrap the corn tortilla around the filling to minimize tearing the tortilla. Place seam side down on a baking sheet. Continue with the remaining tortillas.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crispy. Serve topped with salsa.