Do you make baked oatmeal? We love it in our household and I serve it every couple of weeks. Everything you need for this recipe you can find on my Costco shopping list. If you are trying to avoid cane sugar, experiment with using maple syrup. Add it to the wet ingredients before you pour it over the oatmeal.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon organic evaporated cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups organic vanilla soymilk (may substitute milk)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (use 2 teaspoons if substituting milk)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup organic evaporated cane sugar
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease the bottom of an 11 x 7 pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the oats, almonds, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the soymilk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Slice the bananas and line the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the blueberries over. Evenly distribute the oats on top of the fruits. Pour the soymilk mixture over.
- To make the crumble, mix together the sugar, almonds, oats and cinnamon. Cut in the butter and mix in until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumble evenly across the top of the oatmeal.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown.
This has to be the most delicious way to serve oatmeal!