These tasty little Carrot Cake Oatstack treats get all their sweetness from bananas – there is no added sugar! Made without any flour – use gluten-free oats and you have a gluten-free whole food tasty treat! This is a fantastic whole food snack recipe that will convince your family that eating healthy can be tasty.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease two baking sheets.
- Put the bananas in a large bowl and mash. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla.
- In a smaller bowl, mix oats, almonds, shredded carrots, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mashed banana mixture and stir until combined.
- Drop by tablespoon onto the baking sheet. Space about 3 inches apart. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool for two minutes on the sheets before transferring to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.