In case you didn’t take middle school French class like I did, ‘carrot frites’ translates as, “carrots so good you will burn your tongue because you’ll be eating them just as soon as they come out of the oven.” Or maybe ‘frites’ means fried – but that can’t be right because these carrots are baked.
Actually, I was trying to make carrot chips and failed. These aren’t crunchy like a chip should be. Instead – they are the same lovely texture as a French fry.
After making these several times, I’ve decided they are the perfect food. They don’t require a plate at all. I just pull them out of the oven, then shove them in just as quick as I can while they are still hot. Try them and see if you don’t have the same reaction.
- 6 large carrots
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Optional toppings: sea salt, cinnamon, cardamon, chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Use a food processor and slice carrots into long pieces.
- Toss carrot slices with the olive oil (you control the amount) and spread flat on a jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Turn slices over, rotate pan, and bake an additional 15 - 30 minutes. Be sure to check the smaller pieces as they will cook more quickly and are apt to burn.
Eat Healthy and Save Money
Subscribe to The Greenbacks Gal Weekly email to get the best organic deals, green steals and real food meals delivered to your inbox each week.
PLUS GET A HEALTHY GROCERY LIST FREE!