Is there anything better than cold ice cream on a steamy summer night?
Strawberries are so sweet and juicy this time of year, they are just begging to be made into no churn strawberry ice cream.
This recipe is so simple. There are only 4 ingredients. And the fact that it doesn’t need to be churned means less time and effort in the kitchen.
However, you will need an electric mixer. You can whip the heavy cream by hand, but using an electric mixer will speed up your prep time.
Your ice cream will get fairly hard after 6 hours of freezing. Allowing it to sit on the counter for a few minutes will greatly help with scooping.
- 2 cups organic heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 ounce can organic sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups chopped strawberries
- 2/3 cups sugar
- In a large bowl, stir together chopped strawberries and sugar. Set aside and let sit for an hour.
- Once strawberries have sat for an hour, begin whipping the heavy whipping cream with an electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl stir together the sweetened condensed milk and the strawberries, including all the juice.
- Stir the strawberry and sweetened condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream. Make sure they are thoroughly combined.
- Pour ice cream ingredients into a loaf pan and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- You will need to soften the strawberry ice cream slightly before scooping.
- Serve topped with fresh strawberries.
This is the perfect recipe for red, ripe strawberries.