Have you found the Annie Chun’s organic udon noodles at Costco? They are the base for this most awesome Spicy Peanut Noodles vegan recipe.
We’ve pretty much been living off these noodle bowls this summer. They check all my favorite recipe boxes.
Super simple to make. CHECK!
Ready in minutes. CHECK!
Sneaks in vegetables. CHECK!
The girls love it. DOUBLE CHECK!
The Costco bag of noodles has 6 individual bags inside. The recipe calls for one bag of noodles and feeds one person. Double or triple the recipe depending on the number of people you are trying to feed.
- 1 package Annie Chun's organic udon noodles
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth (can substitute water)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon tamari (may substitute soy sauce or coconut amino acids)
- Sirachi sauce to taste
- bean sprouts
- chopped cilantro (may leave out)
- Heat vegetable broth in a large skillet over medium heat. Add udon noodles and cook until noodles break apart - about 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and carrots to skillet and cover pan. Allow vegetables to steam until bright in color - about 5 minutes. If you find you run out of liquid before the vegetables are steamed, add a little water to the pan.
- Remove lid and stir in peanut butter and soy sauce. Stir until a smooth sauce forms. Transfer to a bowl.
- Top peanut noodles with Sirachi to taste and a handful of bean sprouts and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Let me know if you try this recipe and how you like it!