This Chai Bubble Tea Recipe with Chia Seeds combines two trendy foods into one delicious drink.
Have you tried bubble tea? Then you know it is tea with large “bubbles” of tapioca in the bottom. It’s like a drink with a chewy snack after every sip.
The real problem with making bubble tea at home is the tapioca “bubbles” need to be special ordered and even require a larger straw to accomodate there size.
Chia seeds, when soaked, take on that chewy texture very similar to the bubbles in bubble tea. No need to special order bubble tea tapioca. If you’ve been looking for a way to include these tiny nutritional powerhouses, this is a great way to do it!
The chia seeds need to soak for about 6 hours to get that tapioca texture. And you’ll want your chai tea to cool after brewing. Make this in the morning, and you’ll have a tasty mid-afternoon treat!
- 1 cup milk (any type)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 chai tea bags
- 2 cups water
- honey or agave nectar to taste
- To 1 cup milk add chia seeds. Keep in refrigerator for 6 hours, or long enough for chia seeds to expand.
- Heat 2 cups of water to just under boiling. Take off heat and add tea bags and sweetener to taste. Steep 5 minutes and discard bags
- Refrigerate the tea a minimum of 6 hours.
- Add 1/4 cup milk and chia seeds to the bottom of a glass. Fill the remaining of the way with chai tea.
Have you tried chia seeds? Do you drink them or eat them?
Are You Tired of Processed Crap?
Subscribe Today and Download My Free Healthy Grocery List. It's your cheatsheet to a less processed life. Then, each week, I'll help you take charge of your health by emailing you the best real food recipes and non-toxic DIYs.