This recipe is a HUGE family favorite! Even if you aren’t following my meal plan, you must try this recipe! My daughters ask me to make this all the time, and if you are having a bunch of kiddos over, this is one recipe that you can feel good about serving. They will gobble it up.
Don’t eat meat? The base of this recipe is just a potato soup – so leave it out. Then it becomes a meatless main.
We like to go to matinee movies on the weekends (cheaper than the evening showings.) I’ll put this in the crockpot and when we get home all I have to do is toss a big salad and dinner is served.
Or, I’ve put this on before church and when we get home it makes for a nice Sunday lunch.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups water or broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 pound ground beef
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons oat flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add diced onions, water, salt, pepper, and celery. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- While soup cooks, brown ground beef. Drain.
- Whisk the oat flour into the milk until smooth. Add to soup, stir constantly, and cook until thickened.
- Add ground beef and shredded cheddar. Serve.