This Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe is a snap to make when you have the ingredients on hand.
I did a batch cooking day on Sunday and made organic chicken and chicken stock.
Since the cooked chicken and chicken stock were ready to go in the fridge, I could easily assemble this soup.
I think everyone needs a simple recipe like this for busy nights, or nights when you are just too tired to cook. This Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe fits the bill.
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- olive oil
- garlic clove
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 lime or 1 lime ice cube
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. In batches, fry tortilla strips.
- Add additional olive oil to the pan. Saute onions and garlic until onions are translucent. Add chicken broth, salsa and lime juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add chopped chicken. Allow to simmer for 7 minutes.
- Ladle soup into 4 bowls. Top with fried tortilla strips and shredded cheese.
If you have an avocado or some sour cream, they make really delicious toppings too!
Are You Tired of Processed Crap?
Subscribe Today and Download My Free Healthy Grocery List. It's your cheatsheet to a less processed life. Then, each week, I'll help you take charge of your health by emailing you the best real food recipes and non-toxic DIYs.