This cleansing green juice recipe can be made right in your blender: No fancy equipment required!
Making green juice at home is an excellent way to boost your energy levels by providing your body with nutrient-dense antioxidant-packed foods.
Lemon and ginger are key to cleansing the body. Ginger works on your digestive system while lemon alkalizes the body and boosts your immune system.
The result is a drink that makes you feel great and provides an instant energy boost!
You won’t need a fancy juicer to make this juice. Your blender will be able to handle the job.
The trick is to keep adding liquid (in this case your liquid is coconut water) a little at a time as you blend. Too little liquid, and your blender will get jammed up.
Once your ingredients are broken down, you’ll press them through a sieve.
This step makes the juice less pulpy. If you don’t mind the pulp, skip this step! The added fiber will help keep you full longer.
- 2 cups packed red kale leaves, tough stems removed
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves
- 1 large sweet apple (I used Gala)
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 small lemon
- 1/2 - 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup cold water
- Quarter the lemon, remove seeds, peel and set aside.
- Chop apple, remove seeds and set aside.
- Add the cold water to a powerful blender, followed by the kale, spinach, apple, lemon and ginger.
- Pulse to break down the ingredients.
- Blend on high until smooth, adding coconut water as needed to liquefy the ingredients. (I used about 3/4 cup).
- Pour the juice through a fine mesh strainer a little at a time. Use the back of a spoon to press the juice out of the pulp. Discard pulp and repeat until all the juice is strained.
- Rinse the strainer and pour all of the juice back through it one last time.
- Serve immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.
That’s all there is to it! Give your body a week of green juice and you’ll find you feel better than ever!
Are You Tired of Processed Crap?
Subscribe Today and Download My Free Healthy Grocery List. It's your cheatsheet to a less processed life. Then, each week, I'll help you take charge of your health by emailing you the best real food recipes and non-toxic DIYs.