Cold Peanut Noodles are a really different way to serve pasta. It’s a nice prep ahead meal. And if you like spicy, a little Sriracha sauce is pretty good on it!
Cold Peanut Noodles
- 4 small cucumbers
- 16 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (white or rice)
- 1/2 cup water
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- While the pasta cooks, peel the cucumbers. Slice them in half longwise and use a spoon to scrape out any seeds. Chop finely and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, peanut butter, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, and water. Add cucumbers.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. Add to the sauce and cucumbers. Refrigerate until ready to serve.