I’m sure you have your own favorite granola recipe. However, I wanted to share mine. Because 9 out of 10 people who were never asked said this was the best granola recipe for the holidays. I love the cranberry orange flavor combination as well as the fact that this quick and healthy recipe uses whole food ingredients like coconut oil and maple syrup.
You may want to double this recipe – some for you and some for gift giving!
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 C unsweetened large flake coconut (optional)
- 1/2 t salt
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- Grated zest of 2 oranges
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (may substitute butter)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 300.
- Combine the oats, nuts, coconut (if using), salt, cranberries, and orange zest in a large bowl.
- Heat the coconut oil (or butter) and maple syrup over low flame, just until butter melts.
- Pour over the dry mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Pour the mixture into a jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container.
This really would be the perfect gift to bring if you are staying as someone’s house guest. Buy a 4 pack of frappuccinos because the bottles make the cutest packaging. Paint the four pack box white. Fill it with two frappuccinos, then fill one empty and clean frappuccino bottle with milk and fill one bottle with granola. Breakfast for two! Frappuccinos gross you out? Instead of two frappuccinos, fill one bottle with coffee beans and the other one with yogurt. Or make up a batch of my favorite granola and one of your favorite granola. Let your recipient decide what flavor they love.
Eat Healthy and Save Money
Subscribe to The Greenbacks Gal Weekly email to get the best organic deals, green steals and real food meals delivered to your inbox each week.
PLUS GET A HEALTHY GROCERY LIST FREE!