Do you shop Costco because of the organic selection? If so, do you know: Are Costco Roses Organic?
I only ask because there is this pesky holiday coming up in about a week and you may be considering getting a few dozen for your sweetie.
While I enjoy the romantic sentiment of roses, I’ll admit I’ve told my husband I’d rather have a plant. I recognize that might not qualify me as a romantic. I get it. I’m completely too practical for my own good.
So, are Costco roses organic?
No. However, they are Rainforest Alliance Certified. What does that mean:
- Use of pesticides is minimized
- Wildlife habitats are protected
- Use of composting and recycling to minimize waste
- Water conservation takes place
- Workers receive decent wages
Overall, you can feel pretty good about picking up roses at Costco. Plus, the price of $16.99 for 2 dozen long stemmed roses is a great deal.