I’m so excited to have Crystal guest post here on my site. Crystal & Company is my go-to site for kids activities. She’s sharing some of her favorite crockpot recipes. If you find you still need more, check out PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Copycat Recipe and my 25 Slow Cooker Recipe Roundup.
Hi there. My name is Crystal and I blog over at Crystal & Co.– your mommy resource site. I am a mom of five boys and life gets kind of hectic sometimes. I am thrilled to be here today sharing with Andrea’s readers one thing that makes my life less hectic, and that is easy recipes.
Are you busy during the school week? Me too. And if I do not have a meal plan lined up for the week, dinner time is hectic and we end up in the drive-thru lane. This is not budget friendly or healthy.
When I meal plan, all of the entrees I am cooking for the week must meet my recipe criteria. One of the most important elements is whatever I’m cooking can not have a long list of ingredients and can not require babysitting on my part, otherwise it is just not a good fit. I like to dump it and forget it- which is why the crockpot is my saving grace.
Here are eight simple dinners, all of which can be made in the crockpot. How amazing would it be to come home from a long day at work, or a hectic after school schedule, and dinner is done? You just add a veggie and some fruit or a nice salad and before you know it bellies are full.
8 Easy Recipes
- Crockpot Ravioli– who knew you could make ravioli in the crockpot. You can. And, toss it in frozen too. Such an easy dinner.
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken– so simple you will pinch yourself.
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken– this is very tasty and while simple, it is more of a gourmet crockpot meal in my book.
- Crockpot Spicy Apricot Chicken– this is a recipe Andrea shared on my site with my readers. Excellent. You can also choose to kick down the spice a bit- that is what I did since I have little ones.
- Easy Chicken Cacciatore in the Crockpot– there is something delicious and tender about a tomato based sauce cooked over chicken. Serve with noodles and fruit and dinner is done.
- Crockpot Sloppy Joe’s– again, few steps, few ingredients, full bellies.
- Taco Soup Tostadas– this is an excellent way to re-purpose soup (that has been made in the crockpot) into a completely different meal. Cook once, serve twice kind of thing.
- Spaghetti and Meatballs in the Crockpot– another toss it in the crock and forget about it meals. Serve with spaghetti noodles, which take 9 minutes to cook, and a dinner salad, and dinner is ready in no time.
What is your favorite go- to- easy- recipe? What criteria does a recipe need to meet in order for it to be a good fit for you and your family?
For more easy recipes, weekly meal planning ideas and craft ideas, hop over and check out Crystal’s mommy resource site- Crystal & Co. Make sure you check in every Wednesday where mommy’s everywhere linkup and share their solutions and ideas!
Are You Tired of Processed Crap?
Subscribe Today and Download My Free Healthy Grocery List. It's your cheatsheet to a less processed life. Then, each week, I'll help you take charge of your health by emailing you the best real food recipes and non-toxic DIYs.