Do you think it is expensive to purchase eco friendly household cleaning products?
I recently went to my local dollar store and found you can buy all sorts of eco friendly household cleaning products for just a dollar!
1. Vinegar– The dollar store sells 32 ounce bottles of vinegar. Vinegar is an awesome eco friendly cleaner. If you’ve never used it before, I recommend it for cleaning pots and pans, cleaning toilets, and for cleaning your outdoor living spaces.
2. Baking Soda – At my dollar store, boxes of baking soda were actually priced at only $0.59! Baking soda is another eco friendly cleaner that can be used in so many different ways. Make an all purpose scrub, or make a non-toxic carpet deodorizer.
3. Rags – Ditch the paper towel habit and pick up a stack of rags at the dollar store. My favorite rags are by Scotch Brite and are called Ultra Absorbent Shammy Towels. These suckers can sop up a spill in no time. Toss them in the wash, and they are ready for your next big spill. If you can find these at your dollar store, I highly recommend them.
4. Clothesline – Pick up a clothesline for just a buck and dry your clothes the eco friendly way. With spring here, a clothesline turns into a solar powered, inexpensive, ultra easy way to dry your clothes.
5. Wooden Clothes Pins – If you invest in a clothesline, you’ll need clothes pins. The dollar store has a bag for just a dollar that will help you get started. Not to mention, clothes pins are handy to have around the house for organization.
6. Scrub Brushes – Replace your sponges with scrub brushes. The dollar store has a large assortment from which to pick. Scrub brushes are excellent for dish doing, tub scrubbing, grout cleaning, carpet stain removal, and patio stain removal.
What eco friendly household cleaning products have you found at your dollar store?
Are You Tired of Processed Crap?
Subscribe Today and Download My Free Healthy Grocery List. It's your cheatsheet to a less processed life. Then, each week, I'll help you take charge of your health by emailing you the best real food recipes and non-toxic DIYs.