Vapor rubs have been proven to offer kids relief from cough and congestion and to aide them in getting the sleep they need to overcome a cold.
However, if you buy the popular over-the-counter brand, you’re essentially rubbing petroleum all over your little ones. Remember: whatever you put on your skin gets absorbed. By whipping up a batch of homemade all natural vapor rub, you can be assured your little ones are only getting the good stuff – and none of the bad!
THE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:
Eucalyptus Oil – The active ingredient in aromatherapy eucalyptus species is cineol. Cineol’s aroma has both antiseptic and expectorant properties, making it the perfect ingredient for vapor rub.
Peppermint Oil – You’ll recognize the strong, penetrating menthol aroma of peppermint oil. When applied to the skin, it feels cool on the skin, so the body brings more blood to the area, which in turns warms the body.
Lemon Oil – Lemon oil is such a powerful astringent and antiseptic it can cause skin irritation. It should not be applied undiluted to skin. Five drops or less of lemon oil should be added to this recipe.
HOMEMADE ALL NATURAL VAPOR RUB RECIPE:
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa butter
- 2 Tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 20 drops eucalyptus oil
- 5 drops peppermint oil
- 4 drops lemon oil
1. When you buy cocoa butter, it is hard as a rock. You’ll need to melt the cocoa butter in hot water. Simply fill a large bowl or measuring cup with hot water and submerge your jar of cocoa butter like so:
2. Once the cocoa butter is melted, measure out 2 Tablespoons and add to a small jar.
3. Add 2 Tablespoons of sweet almond oil.
4. Add 20 drops eucalyptus oil, 5 drops peppermint oil and 5 drops of lemon oil.
5. Allow to harden. If in a hurry, you can place in the fridge.
6. To use: Apply a small amount to the chest.
Do you use vapor rub when your kiddos are sick? Do you ever apply it to their feet then have them wear sock?
Looking for more All Natural Recipes? Try How to Make Hand Sanitizer with All Natural Ingredients  or DIY Yoga Mat Spray 
Source  for essential oils, cocoa butter and sweet almond oil.
“The GBG: It Works for Me” is a weekly series all about that thing you’ve started doing that you’d wish you’d known you should be doing all along.
Solutions, quick tips, and shortcuts. Time savers and sanity savers. It’ll all be right here.
Have a solution, tip, or time saver of your own? Let me know by filling out this form , I’ll try then share!
Linked to Tuesday Greens 
Are You Tired of Processed Crap?
Subscribe Today and Download My Free Healthy Grocery List. It's your cheatsheet to a less processed life. Then, each week, I'll help you take charge of your health by emailing you the best real food recipes and non-toxic DIYs.