May is Celiac Awareness Month, and Abe’s Market is hosting a Gluten-Free Sale. Save up to 50% off select gluten-free products.
Items you will find on sale:
Bumble Bars Pay just $11.00 for a 12 bar pack!
Bob’s Red Mill Mixes Includes Garbanzo Bean flour, Coconut flour and Hazelnut flour
Miracle Noodles Just $3.00/package!
Because it is Celiac Awareness Month, and because Abe’s Market is celebrating, they wanted to bring the brownies….virtually! They’ve shared a recipe for Gluten-Free Peppermint Mocha Brownies perfect for showing your friends/family gluten-free can still taste great.
- 15 Medjool dates, pitted, soaked and drained
- ¼ cup water
- 9 T raw cocoa
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, soft, not liquid
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 T espresso, ground fine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Blend dates (in a blender) and ¼ cup water on high until it becomes a paste
- Add eggs, cocoa, agave, coconut oil, baking powder, peppermint and espresso; blend until smooth
- Add garbanzo beans; mix on high until entire mixture is well incorporated, thick and smooth
- Evenly distribute mixture into mini muffin tins (fills 30-32)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (until it passes the toothpick test); remove and cool on a wire rack
I can’t wait to make these for my book club group next week! I have a friend who has been gluten-free for about a year now and I’m always looking for recipes I think she can partake in.
Eat Healthy and Save Money
Subscribe to The Greenbacks Gal Weekly email to get the best organic deals, green steals and real food meals delivered to your inbox each week.
PLUS GET A HEALTHY GROCERY LIST FREE!