May is Celiac Awareness Month, and Abe’s Market is hosting a Gluten-Free Sale. Save up to 50% off select gluten-free products.
Items you will find on sale:
Bumble Bars Pay just $11.00 for a 12 bar pack!
Bob’s Red Mill Mixes Includes Garbanzo Bean flour, Coconut flour and Hazelnut flour
Miracle Noodles Just $3.00/package!
Because it is Celiac Awareness Month, and because Abe’s Market is celebrating, they wanted to bring the brownies….virtually! They’ve shared a recipe for Gluten-Free Peppermint Mocha Brownies perfect for showing your friends/family gluten-free can still taste great.
- 15 Medjool dates, pitted, soaked and drained
- ¼ cup water
- 9 T raw cocoa
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, soft, not liquid
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 T espresso, ground fine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Blend dates (in a blender) and ¼ cup water on high until it becomes a paste
- Add eggs, cocoa, agave, coconut oil, baking powder, peppermint and espresso; blend until smooth
- Add garbanzo beans; mix on high until entire mixture is well incorporated, thick and smooth
- Evenly distribute mixture into mini muffin tins (fills 30-32)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (until it passes the toothpick test); remove and cool on a wire rack
I can’t wait to make these for my book club group next week! I have a friend who has been gluten-free for about a year now and I’m always looking for recipes I think she can partake in.