No-Bake Chocolate Almond Granola Bars are perfect for summer days!
Part treat, part healthy snack, these no-bake granola bars satisfy hunger, provide energy, and best of all, are quick and easy to make (and don’t require turning on the oven)!
The almond butter gives a new twist to the often popular peanut-chocolate combination and make these granola bars perfect for those with peanut allergies (like my hubby).
And the chocolate, well, who doesn’t like chocolate?
No-Bake Chocolate Almond Granola Bars
- 1/2 cup almond butter (I make my own using this recipe)
- 1/3 cup honey (local, if possible)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. In a medium sized pot, melt the butter, almond butter and honey over medium to low heat, stirring constantly.
When melted, turn off the burner and remove pot.
2. Add the oats and stir until combined.
3. Add the coconut and chocolate chips and stir again to distribute throughout.
4. Pour mixture into an 8 x 8 pan lined with parchment paper and press into pan so the top is relatively flat and the mixture is an even thickness throughout.
Place in the fridge to cool (takes about an hour).
5. Once completely cool, lift bars out of pan and place on cutting board. Cut into bars (I usually get about 8 bars, but you could get more or less depending on what size bar you like).
These bars are very adaptable and can be easily souped-up by adding an extra ingredient or two.
- For extra nutrients and healthy oils, add a tablespoon of ground flaxseeds
- Make a double chocolate granola bar by adding extra chocolate chips after the mixture has cooled (but before you place in the 8 x 8 pan)
- Add dried fruit such as cranberries, cherries, or goji berries
- Substitute the almond butter for homemade cashew butter (or any other nut butter)
- Sprinkle in 1/3 cup of chopped nuts
These are very tasty and likely won’t last, so you might want to make a double batch!
Like feeding your family healthy food? Be sure to check out more whole food snacks.
What’s your favorite granola bar combination?
Stacy is a preacher’s wife and homeschool mom. She loves creating her own natural skin care and herbal remedies and is pretty much obsessed with all things DIY. Stacy is intent on creating a happy, healthy home and strives to encourage other moms through her blog, A Delightful Home.