Have you ever had the Russian Tea that is made from Tang and Country Time? All the flavor of that Russian Tea mix can be found in this homemade recipe. But it’s made with whole food ingredients – no powdered mixes.
The original recipe for Russian Tea is a mix of powered drinks like Tang and Country Time. I think it is a truly 70s creation as I associate it with my childhood and cold days.
Do you remember Tang? Astronauts drank Tang. That made us feel like we should drink Tang. We never thought about the reason why astronauts drank Tang. They had to drink Tang! We don’t. Here on Earth we can drink freshly squeezed orange juice. So much more delicious than a powdered mix.
Make up a batch of this homemade Russian Tea, and you’ll find you get all the flavor with out any of the chemicals.
- 4 cups water
- Juice of one lemon (approx 1/2 cup)
- Juice of two oranges (approx 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 4" cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 4 black tea bags
- In a large saucepan, combine the 4 cups of hot water, lemon juice, orange juice, honey, cinnamon stick, and cloves. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the tea bags. Allow to steep 3 minutes.
- Pour through a strainer into 4 tea cups. Enjoy!
Do you remember Russian Tea?