Did you know cinnamon is the world’s most popular baking spice?
This time of year it will be showing up in hot drinks like cider, coffee, tea, and cocoa. A cinnamon stick makes a great swizzle stick that not only looks good, but it adds flavor.
But if you are only using that cinnamon stick just one time, you are wasting it! Cinnamon sticks can actually be used several times before they lose their flavor.
To reuse your cinnamon stick, simply rinse under hot water then allow it to dry.
To get the best flavor from your cinnamon stick the next time you use it, run it over a grater a few times to release the flavors. Just like new! You can do this 4 to 5 times before you need to discard your stick!
USES FOR CINNAMON STICKS:
- Make your house smell great with a simmering pot.
- Use in Hot Apple Cider Mix
- Use in Pineapple Cinnamon Water
- Steep a black tea bag, cinnamon stick, and dried orange peel to make Cinnamon Orange Tea
- Steep a green tea bag, cinnamon stick and a teaspoon of crystallized ginger
- Add a cinnamon stick to hot cocoa
- Use in Russian Tea
- Use for Chai Tea
- Try adding a cinnamon stick to your next glass of lemonade
What great recipes do you have for using cinnamon sticks?
“The GBG: It Works for Me” is all about that thing you’ve started doing that you’d wish you’d known you should be doing all along.
Solutions, quick tips, and shortcuts. Time savers and sanity savers. It’ll all be right here.
Have a solution, tip, or time saver of your own? Let me know by filling out this form, I’ll try then share!