Continuing with my whole grain recipes theme, I have a fantastic waffle recipe you can make from scratch that I wanted to share with you!
First, I have to let you know I LOVE my waffle iron. It is idiot proof.
I. kid. you. not.
Just in case you care, I have a Cuisinart Classic Waffle Maker given to us by my mom.
Nope. Cuisinart did not pay me to tell you about their waffle maker. They should. I’m one happy waffle maker owning person. It’s the broken Cuisinart coffeemaker they don’t want me to tell you about. I’m sure that’s why I haven’t been contacted yet!
So the Cuisinart classic waffle maker? It’s the goods. And if you haven’t had homemade waffles, and have been settling for those frozen, mealy things you get in the freezer section, this recipe will change your mind! Go ahead, make a double batch. Eat half for breakfast and freeze the rest. They toast up just great!
Four Grain Waffles makes 8 waffles
1 C organic, unbleached all-purpose flour
2/3 C whole wheat flour
2/3 C oat flour (can pulverize oats in the blender to make oat flour)
1/3 C cornmeal
4 t baking powder
2 T sugar
2 C buttermilk
2 large eggs
1/4 C coconut oil
1. Preheat your waffle iron.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the center.
3. In a smaller bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs and oil. Whisk until blended. Pour the wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients. Mix with a rubber spatula just until combined. There may still be some lumps.
4. Pour 1/2 cup batter onto the preheated waffle iron and cook per your waffle iron’s instructions.
5. Serve with fruit or syrup.
Are You Tired of Processed Crap?
Subscribe Today and Download My Free Healthy Grocery List. It's your cheatsheet to a less processed life. Then, each week, I'll help you take charge of your health by emailing you the best real food recipes and non-toxic DIYs.