Chili flavored crispy roasted chickpeas is one of my family’s favorite snacks. It’s highly addictive, and it’s super easy to make.
To make sure the chickpeas get crispy, it does require planning ahead.
The secret to really crispy chickpeas: Rinse your chickpeas, then lay them out flat on a towel to dry. They need to dry overnight, or for about 8 hours.
You’ll know they are dry when some of the skins start separating from the chickpeas.
Once your chickpeas are dry, make sure you get them well coated with the oil and spices. Having them well seasoned makes them finger-licking good.
Chickpeas are great roasted with a variety of flavors, but this chili combination is our family favorite. It’s not unlike the taste of a Dorito – minus the cheese.
Speaking of Doritos, we serve these in place of chips. They are definitely healthier, yet the taste is just as addictive!
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Rinse and drain chickpeas well. Spread out on a tea towel and allow to completely dry out.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Transfer chickpeas to a bowl. Toss with olive oil until well coated.
- In a small bowl, stir together spices. Add to the chickpeas and toss again.
- Spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway through cook time.
Once you get the process of making crispy roasted chickpeas down, experiment with your favorite flavors. Then let us know what your favorite flavor combination is in the comments!
Are You Tired of Processed Crap?
Subscribe Today and Download My Free Healthy Grocery List. It's your cheatsheet to a less processed life. Then, each week, I'll help you take charge of your health by emailing you the best real food recipes and non-toxic DIYs.