With Black Friday and Cyber Monday behind us, did you get everything on your family’s wish list?
The two biggest sale days may be behind us, but there are still lots of great deals to be had. Here are some strategies for getting those remaining items on your family’s wishlist without breaking the bank!
1. Make a List and Check it Twice. Santa knew what he was doing. There is nothing worse than rushing out to buy a last minute gift for that cousin/niece/in-law that you forgot! Have a list of people you need to buy for and what they want. Keep the list next to the computer, so no one gets left out. Then, when you see a hot deal online, you can act fast.
2. Join Ebates. Joining Ebates is totally free. When you shop through Ebates, you not only have access to the most up-to-date coupon codes, but they will reward you for shopping through them with a rebate check. Earn between 1-25% of your purchases back! Plus, when you make your first purchase of $25 or more, you can earn a FREE $10 gift card! It’s always fun to receive that rebate check – like getting rewarded for shopping!
3. Look for “The Trifecta”. “The Trifecta” is buying an item when it is on sale, where you can use a coupon code to further discount an item, and when you can get free shipping. If all three of these factors come into play, you know you are getting the best deal possible. Jump on those deals!
4. Avoid Shipping Fees. If you wait to long to get your shopping done, shipping fees are sure to add up! Plan ahead and you can avoid those extra costs. Procrastinator? Someone add a last minute “must have” to the list? Be sure to mark Monday, December 17th on the calendar. That is “Free Shipping Day” when thousands of merchants will be offering free shipping.
5. Leave Items in Your Shopping Cart. This strategy only works if you plan ahead. If you have found an item on your family’s wish list, but can not match it up with a sale, go ahead and put those items in your online shopping cart. Then walk away. Sometimes, in an effort to convert your cart into a sale, the online retailer will send you an email reminder with a percentage off code.
Here’s an example:
Of course, as the holiday shopping season continues, I’ll be researching the best deals for you. What I need to know is: What is still on your family’s wish list?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ebates. The opinions and text are all mine.