When I started the Organic Costco Meal Plan challenge, I set out to shop only at Costco, to buy everything I could either organically or a whole food, and to limit my spending to only $475.
This is what the initial shopping trip looked like:
Click here to see the list of everything I bought.
After 4 weeks, this is what I have left:
- Organic Evaporated Sugar Cane – at our consumption rate, we still have 3 -4 months worth left
- Organic Lemon Juice – about 1/4 bottle left
- Organic Whole Wheat Pasta – (3) 16oz bags
- Organic Butter – out of 2 pounds, I have 1/2 stick left.
- Green Tea – 20 bags
- Corn Tortillas – 10 left
- Pure Maple Syrup – Maybe 1/4 of a bottle left? Could be less.
- Oats – About 5 cups left
- Popcorn – 2/3 bottle left
- Organic Brown Rice – I guesstimate we used 1/4 of the bag and will have plenty of brown rice for the next few months
- Chocolate Chips – 1/4 bag left
- Craisins – 1/4 bag left
- Organic Olive Oil – 1 full bottle (pictured) and left out of the picture is another 1/2 bottle – we’ll have enough for a few months
- Organic Salsa – 1/2 bottle left
- Pinto Beans – Out of 10 pounds, I have 6 pounds left and another 3 cups of cooked beans still in the freezer.
Since I know for certain I won’t have to be beans, olive oil, brown rice, or sugar – the initial cost of those items was $52.76!!!! That is a lot of money I can now roll over and spend on other items for the month!
**UPDATE: I forget that I still have 10 heads of garlic and 3 yellow onions (they all still look free of deterioration) that I can use still! The cost of the garlic was $3.99!**