P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wrap Copycat Recipe: easy and healthy and made in the slow cooker.
Not only is this recipe the closet thing to P.F. Chang’s lettuce wraps I’ve ever made, it is also…wait for it….a SLOW COOKER recipe!
We love them so much, we no longer have a reason to eat out.
Now this isn’t the kind of slow cooker recipe you make in the morning before work to have ready at night.
It only needs 3 to 4 hours on low in the slow cooker. So this is the recipe you make in the early afternoon and come home to eat after soccer practice.
I love water chestnuts, so I always add extra to my recipe. That’s the fun part of making this at home. You can tailor it to your family’s tastes.
- 1 T sesame oil
- 2 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1 t dried ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 C dry sherry
- 1/2 C hoisin sauce
- 2 T tamari
- 1 T chili garlic sauce (we're sirachi peeps)
- 2 cans sliced water chesnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 T rice wine vinegar
- 12 small lettuce leaves (bibb or butter)
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Don't substitute oils! The sesame oil adds a great flavor. Brown the ground chicken or turkey and garlic in the oil. Add ginger and sherry and cook until all the liquid is gone. Transfer everything to a crockpot.
- In a small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce, tamari and chili garlic sauce. Stir into the meat mixture in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 3-4 hours.
- Before serving, stir in water chestnuts and rice vinegar. Cook an additional 10 minutes to warm through. Then serve with lettuce leaves.
This recipe serves 6
If you try it, let me know how you like it!
Are You Tired of Processed Crap?
Subscribe Today and Download My Free Healthy Grocery List. It's your cheatsheet to a less processed life. Then, each week, I'll help you take charge of your health by emailing you the best real food recipes and non-toxic DIYs.