Having my Whole Grain No-Knead Bread Dough in the refrigerator means you can have hot, delicious Pretzel Bread Rolls any time you get a craving.
To make pretzel rolls, here is the basic process:
You need to boil the dough in water with baking soda. This is what gives the crust that distinct flavor.
However, because the dough is already made and sitting in your refrigerator, even the extra step of boiling the dough before you bake it is quick and easy.
The boiling only takes 10 to 15 seconds per roll. Then drain, cut the top for that authentic pretzel roll look, and bake!
- 1/4 recipe Whole Wheat No-Knead Bread Dough
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Divide dough into 6 equal pieces. Roll into balls.
- Bring water and baking soda to boil.
- Drop rolls in boiling water and allow to boil 10 to 15 seconds.
- Remove rolls and allow to drain on paper towel lined baking sheet.
- Cut a snip in the top of each roll.
- Beat egg and water together. Brush across the top of rolls and sprinkle with salt.
- Remove paper towels before baking rolls on baking sheet for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
My kids love a ham and swiss sandwich on a pretzel bread roll in their lunch. I love pretzel bread rolls with soup. Either way, you can’t go wrong!
Are You Tired of Processed Crap?
Subscribe Today and Download My Free Healthy Grocery List. It's your cheatsheet to a less processed life. Then, each week, I'll help you take charge of your health by emailing you the best real food recipes and non-toxic DIYs.