Looking for the perfect, refreshing Fourth of July dessert? These easy to create coolers have just the right balance of sweet and healthy.
The top layer is frozen lemonade. To get it the right texture, use a fork to scrape it after you’ve frozen it in a pan.
- 1 10 oz pkg frozen blueberries
- 1 10 oz pkg frozen strawberries
- 1 32 oz bottle lemonade
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons sweetener (sugar, honey, agave...you choose), divided
- 1 cup water, divided
- Pour lemonade in an 11x7 pan. Stir in the 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest. Cover and freeze overnight.
- 30 minutes before you need the lemonade, allow to thaw slightly on the counter.
- In a food processor, puree frozen blueberries, 2 tablespoons sweetener, and 1/2 cup water. Layer in the bottom of serving dish.
- Rinse out food processor. Puree frozen strawberries, remaining 2 tablespoons sweetener, and 1/2 cup water. Layer on top of the blueberries.
- Use a fork to scrape the lemonade into a fluffy texture. Scoop with an ice cream scoop and top the coolers.
Here’s hoping your family has a happy and safe 4th!
If you like it, don’t forget to pin it!