Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites – Perfectly spiced chicken wrapped in bacon and brushed with sweet honey goodness.
Are you looking for something delicious to serve at your next tailgate or football party? Look no further than these sweet and spicy bacon wrapped chicken bites.
The chicken is coated in a tasty seasoning. I’m talking totally coated.
Then, you wrap it in a strip of delicious bacon.
This is where I tell you that the bacon is optional.
Yes, you can make a perfectly delicious chicken bite without the bacon. Your bite will still be sweet and spicy. So if you are someone who hasn’t subscribed to the bacon-makes-it-better way of thinking, try these without it. You won’t be disappointed.
If you are worried about the extra grease from the bacon, I pop these chicken bites onto a broiling pan so they don’t sit in the grease while they bake.
Once you’ve wrapped chicken in the bacon, you will brush on a sweet and tangy layer of honey. The honey makes it sweet, the apple cider vinegar provides the tang. It’s a delicious combination.
That’s all there is to this easy appetizer perfect for serving at any football viewing party.
I’ve made a quick video of the recipe so you can see just how easily this recipe can be made.
Can’t see the video? Click here.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 10 - 12 strips of bacon
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- dash red pepper
- salt to taste
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a broiling pan by greasing the top.
- Cut chicken into 2-3 inch bite sized pieces.
- Cut strips of bacon into thirds.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss the chicken pieces with the garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and red pepper until well coated.
- Wrap each chicken bite in a piece of bacon and place cut side down on the broiling pan.
- Brush each chicken bite with some of the honey mixture.
- Bake chicken for 35-40 minutes, or until bacon gets crispy.
These bacon wrapped chicken bites are also easily transportable if your weekend takes you on a tailgate or picnic. You can serve these at room temperature and they will still be a total hit.
Of course, a party isn’t the only reason to serve these. The day I made this video, I served them for a quick and easy lunch. They were gone in seconds!
Eat Healthy and Save Money
Subscribe to The Greenbacks Gal Weekly email to get the best organic deals, green steals and real food meals delivered to your inbox each week.
PLUS GET A HEALTHY GROCERY LIST FREE!