No tequila in this recipe! Green “Tea-quila” Sunrise is supposed to be a mock-tail, but I think it is a great everyday beverage. It’s hints of citrus flavor really jazz up the flavor of green tea. So it tastes great, and you get the antioxidants from the green tea and vitamin C from the citrus. Try this refreshing drink as a breakfast drink that has less calories than a glass of juice, or mix up a pitcher for an alcohol-free beverage for your next get-together.
- 3 bags green tea
- 3 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (can substitute sugar)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 navel orange
- Brew the 3 tea bags in the 3 cups of hot water for 3 minutes. Remove tea bags and stir in honey and lemon juice.
- Cut orange in half. Juice one half of the orange into the tea.
- Slice the other half of the orange and add slices to the tea.
- Pour into pitcher and chill in fridge overnight.
- To serve, pour into tall glasses filled with ice.
- If you do not drink all the tea that day, remove orange slices as after 24 hours they will make the tea taste too strong.