It’s a week of Inspiring Autumn Giveaways full of crafts, recipes and giveaways! Your hostesses:
* TODAY – I’m hostessing with my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins and a giveaway for a Gift Basket Giveaway full of FREE products! Make sure to keep reading to get the recipe and to enter!
* Tuesday – Jessica from Jessica’s Coupons has a tutorial for a Fall Yarn Ball Wreath and a giveaway for a $20 Hobby Lobby Gift Card!
* Wednesday – Lauren from I am that Lady has a recipe for Easy and Delicious Autumn Apple Crisp and a gvieaway for a pie plate PLUS a $50 Abe’s Market Gift Card!
* Thursday – Stephanie from Sand and Starfish will feature Simple Fall Bunting Tutorials and a giveaway where the winner will get to choose from one of the buntings!
* Friday – Alecia of Savings and Stewardship will share with us her famous Pear Pie and will be hosting a giveaway for a $25 Williams-Sonoma Gift Card!
Do you ever cook with flaxseed? Flaxseed is a great source of essential fatty acids. And for those of you who might be here looking for a Meatless Monday post – get this: flaxseed is a great substitute for eggs in recipes! Know someone who’s a vegan? Just replace the egg in a recipe with 2 tablespoons flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water. Let the mixture sit for a bit, then use it in place of one large egg!
I’m guessing you’ve already realized this recipe has flaxseed. These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are really dense with most of the sweetness coming from the chocolate. Made with white whole wheat flour, flaxseed meal and agave nectar – you can feel really good about these as a wholesome breakfast!
Not only do I want to give you a recipe for using flaxseed – I’m going to give away a Gift Basket that includes flaxseed so you can start cooking with it yourself! But first the recipe:
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS makes 1 dozen
1/2 C rolled oats
1 T cinnamon
2 T agave nectar
1 C whole wheat white flour
1 C oat flour (I make my oat flour by pulverizing oats in the food processor)
3 T milled flaxseed
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pumpkin pie spice
1/2 t cinnamon
2 1/2 t baking powder
2 T melted butter
1/4 C agave nectar
1 C milk
1 C pumpkin puree
3/4 c chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375.
Combine topping mixture in a small bowl and set aside. Line 12 muffin tins with liners.
Combine white whole wheat flour and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Lightly mix in the chocolate chips. Scoop into the prepared muffin tin. Lightly press muffin topping onto each muffin.
Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Now for the Gift Basket Giveaway!
- One package Royal Harvest Pure Flax Meal
- One bottle Royal Harvest Flax Oil
- One bottle Royal Harvest Chocolate Flax Oil (great in smoothies!)
- One coupon for a FREE gardein product of your choice
- Two coupons for FREE 4-pack of enLiven yogurt
- One book of Holiday Appetizers (try the marinated cheese – oh heaven!)To enter the giveaway:1. To enter, just leave me a comment and tell me if you cook with flaxseed
2. To get a second entry, Subscribe to The Greenbacks Gal to get daily updates right in your inbox!
3. To get a third entry, “Like” the Greenbacks Gal Facebook page. Leave a second, separate comment to let me know you did.
4. To get a fourth entry, Follow the Greenbacks Gal on Twitter. Leave a separate comment to let me know you did.
- **If you are reading this in email, please visit The Greenbacks Gal to be able to leave a comment**
- This giveaway will close at 10 PM EST on Monday October 19. Entrants must be 18 years old and located in the US only. The winners will be chosen at random and announced here on the Greenbacks Gal and notified via email. If any of the winners does not respond within 48 hours, a new winner will be randomly chosen.Disclaimer: This giveaway was sponsored by Gardein, Royal Harvest and EnLiven Yogurt, but none of those companies are a sponsor, administrator, or involved in any other way with this giveaway. All opinions expressed in the post are my own.