It’s week two of the Organic Costco Challenge! After my first shopping trip to Costco, I had $85 left to spend & I’m only on week 2. That’s ok though, because there really isn’t a lot I need.
- I didn’t go through 2 loaves of bread like I thought I would. It turns out the Pasta with Spinach Pesto I made fed us for two lunches. So I still have a full loaf which is enough for lunches for this week. I’m also doing good on meat & cheese & peanut butter for sandwiches.
- Somehow I still have about 2 cups of organic chicken stock left. So, I won’t be cooking a whole chicken this week – I’ll leave that for next week.
- I posted a recipe for Sweet & Crunchy Mix. In there I talked about having a family of snackers. I needed to solve that problem on this trip to Costco. I waffled between picking something that was organic – but processed – or picking something that is more whole food – but not organic. I decided to go the whole food route and picked the popcorn you see in the picture below. Popcorn can be made either sweet or savory depending on how you top it – plus everyone in my family knows how to make it. No more relying on mom to make a snack. Whew.
- We were out of eggs & bananas – two things we are relying pretty heavy on. And I’m down to my last 1/2 gallon of milk. So you’ll see I bought those too.
- We’re still doing great on fresh fruits & veggies. I still have a little spinach left, about a dozen oranges, plenty of carrots, celery, potatoes, & onions. Plus I still have frozen blueberries and peas. So the only fresh I bought were cucumbers – a huge favorite of both girls. I threw some in the cold peanut noodles for our dinner tonight.
Popcorn 8 lbs $10.99
Bananas 2 bunches $2.78
Organic Milk $8.99
Organic Eggs $6.49
My total was $33.24. I have only $51.76 left to spend the next two weeks. I still think I can do this!