Imagine serving your family this whole wheat cinnamon crumb pull-apart bread on a lazy Sunday morning. You’d be a hero. Mom of the year for sure.
In fact, you’d be so popular, you could probably count on the whole family cleaning up when you are done! The crumb filling for this is loose. So it does come tumbling out and can make a mess. I’ve found by using my dough scraper to pick up crumbs and layers and place them in the bread pan, I can usually get a pretty clean surface and all the crumbs into the pan.
Remember, the whole grain no-knead bread dough recipe makes a big enough batch that it can be used for 4 different recipes. If your counter is going to be a mess anyways, perhaps you should make two of these loaves?
You could make pull-apart bread with simple butter and cinnamon sugar. Melt the butter, spread over the dough, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. You could do that, but I recommend making a crumb.
The crumb is a lot like the topping you get on a cobbler. Combine that with flaky bread and it is a win in my book!
- 1/4 Recipe Whole Wheat No-Knead Bread Dough
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sucanat (Sucanat is all natural brown sugar. May substitute brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Roll dough into a 12x20 rectangle.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, butter, sucanat, and cinnamon. Mix together with your fingers until mixture is crumbly with pea sized butter pieces.
- Pour crumble over dough.
- Cut dough lengthwise into three equal strips.
- Stack dough pieces one on top of the other until all three are in a stack.
- Cut that stack into 6 equal sized pieces.
- Stack pieces sideways into a greased bread pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Have fun pulling apart the delicious layers of this cinnamon crumb pull-apart bread and enjoy with your favorite cup or tea or coffee!
Are You Tired of Processed Crap?
Subscribe Today and Download My Free Healthy Grocery List. It's your cheatsheet to a less processed life. Then, each week, I'll help you take charge of your health by emailing you the best real food recipes and non-toxic DIYs.